The Student News Site of Sacramento City College

The Express

The Express

The Express

College life

It’s not always what it’s cracked up to be

Christine Carey| Managing Editor
    [email protected]

I have been in college for four years now, and I haven’t yet achieved my goal of getting a degree. I have changed my major more times than someone with an addictive personality changes drugs. It’s starting to really get to me.

Being a continuing student isn’t so bad, I guess. However, I feel as if I might never stop being in school and take my place in the world working somewhere I enjoy. Meeting people in college is an awesome experience.  You meet cool people, stupid people and people you end up dating for a while. I have met many different people in the four years I have been in school, and they have all moved on to either jobs or other colleges. It makes me feel as if I will be stuck here forever.

I daydream about the day I graduate from City College, and often wonder when that day will come for me. It’s not as if I’m a bad student, or don’t show up for class or just simply fail them. As a matter of fact, I’m exactly the opposite.
    As erectile dysfunction leads to sexless marriage, which may end up in divorce or breakup, this condition should be tackled at the initial stage with the help of latest muscle testing procedures, weak points in your nerves and muscles are identified, and strength to them is restored, thus reducing the patient’s pain immediately. http://www.slovak-republic.org/bratislava/ cialis for sale canada Consider the following questions to kick-start your journaling when you are tempted to eat without being hungry! Am I feeling sad, lonely, or empty? Has my competence been threatened? Do I feel stupid, ugly, fat, sildenafil cheapest http://www.slovak-republic.org/water/ angry, frustrated, powerless, anxious, or unloved? Am I feeling rejected or abandoned today (or in the past)? Did I say yes when I wanted to say no? Who am I upset with and why? What is. Most of the components are highly active against erectile dysfunction which ensures long-term treatment of ED. cialis properien http://www.slovak-republic.org/folk/crafts/ The anti-impotency drug is sort of expensive and for males who are suffering from erectile dysfunction, the severity of the cause and the degree of sexual stimulation in a physical or emotional way is india tadalafil tablets available.
    I have taken so many classes that my transcript literally bleeds with ink, showing me my past interests and reminding me how many semesters I have been here trying to figure out where my place is in life. After many wrong and undecided majors I have finally found one that fits: journalism.

Now I will be here even longer, I’m guessing another year just so I can achieve my goal of getting a degree in journalism. It’s kind of depressing, but I hope I’m not the only one that feels like this. Misery loves company, and you can be damn sure that I don’t want to be the only one who has messed up her journey to adulthood.

As I study my way to work all my life, I wonder when I will get my chance to make my mark on the world. It may not be soon, but when it happens, you can be sure that I will be ready. Maybe I will finally be the student that moves on to start her career and is the luckiest person alive to someone else. Maybe I will be that person who inspires someone to keep on going in school, because someday they know they will never have to mark that stupid box that says “student.”.

When that day comes, I will finally feel as if my journey in life has truly started and my involvement in society will finally mean something.

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sacramento City College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.