The Student News Site of Sacramento City College

The Express

The Express

The Express

Hilario Mata | Staff Photographer/Writer

Photo credit: Nick Shockey / [email protected]

Hilario Mata is a staff photographer and writer for the Express. This is his first semester photographing and writing for the Express team. 

Hilario is interested in photographing sports and community events for the Express. His passion for sports photography grew when he discovered sports history, with the attractiveness of its aesthetic. He believes capturing memorable moments is one of the best gifts we can give someone. As a photographer, he hopes to follow in the footsteps of creators such as Neil Leifer and Andrew Bernstein, who have become legends in the sports photography world. Hilario hopes to capture moments similar to the ones he grew up admiring in sports.

Hilario also co-owns two community events in the area: SacTown’s Finest Market and Bloom Festival, where he captures photos and videos as well. He plans to transfer to Sacramento State to pursue his bachelor’s degree in journalism with hopes of taking skills of photography, videography and writing into his future career. His businesses are here.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sacramento City College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.