The Student News Site of Sacramento City College

The Express

The Express

The Express

Student FYI: Week of Nov. 6 through 17

Graphic created by Emma Richman / [email protected]

There’s so much happening at City College, the Express wanted to offer a place for students and staff to get essential information in an informative and efficient way. We will compile a brief list of all the crucial news the City College community needs to know every other week. 

As the fall semester comes to a close, spring 2024 class schedules are available and enrollment will begin on Nov. 20. During the enrollment period, students may register for classes online from Monday through Saturday between 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Sundays. Students can see when their enrollment appointment will occur starting Nov. 9 in their eServices student portal. More information on enrollment can be found here

City College’s library (LRC) has been renamed the Joan Didion Learning Resource Center in recognition of the generous $500,000 donation from the Didion family along with the Sacramento Historical Society. Didion was a renowned journalist and author and was considered one of the pioneers of her field, serving as a member of the Academy of Arts and Letters. She attended City College in the 1950s and as stated in a press release by Didion’s niece, “Attending SCC was important to Joan.”

In honor of Veterans Day this Saturday, no classes will be held on Friday, Nov. 10. We would like to thank all of the veterans in our City College community for their service. 

Free COVID-19 and flu vaccines are being offered to City College staff and students at the Health and Wellness Center on Monday, Nov. 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Students are welcome to walk in or make an appointment through the LRCCD patient portal. To be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine students must be 19 years of age and older without insurance or identify as Native American or Alaska Native, or are on Medi-Cal, without insurance. Press here for more information.

The Los Rios Basic Needs Center is hosting a series of free workshops devoted to empowering renters and tenants from Nov. 7 to Dec. 5. These meetings will be in person at American River College or on Zoom. The workshops will focus on various topics such as renter’s rights, deposit regulations, lease agreements and much more. Any interested students may register here and find more information about dates, times and Zoom links. Any questions can be sent to [email protected]