A letter from the editor

Photo credit: Yoseph Daniel / [email protected]

Dear Reader,

It is my pleasure to welcome you all to the fall 2023 semester here at City College! My name is Emma Richman, I am the new editor in chief of the Express, City College’s student-run news site. I am a student journalist and writer with a passion for serving our community by reporting on the things that affect us most.

Once again, we have a set of extremely talented reporters and photographers ready to cover the latest news on all things City College. You can further acquaint yourself with our current staff members under the “Meet the Staff” page.

The Express has been a longstanding fixture of the City College community since 1922. Being around for nearly 101 years, we take immense pride in our legacy of commitment to journalistic excellence, by students and for students.

As we move forward you can expect the same passion, dedication and grit when reporting on news and events happening in and around City College, as well as excellent sports, features and so much more from our curious and passionate staffers.

Existing in the ever-flowing and oftentimes scary reality that is the digital age, journalism is a necessary tool to reveal truth and educate the masses on important issues and expose injustice.

On a personal note, writing for the Express has been an unforgettable experience and has given me the ability to open up doors I always thought were sealed to me. I hope to continue walking through these doors of opportunity, and encourage others to do the same.

On behalf of all of our staff I’d like to thank everyone who has continued to read and support the Express. As an institution committed to serving the community we report on, we look forward to maintaining a close relationship to the City College community — if you have any questions, concerns or pitches, please reach out to me at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Emma Richman, editor-in-chief