The Student News Site of Sacramento City College

The Express

The Express

The Express

Graffiti found at and near City College

Graphic created by Neezy Jeffery / [email protected]

Graffiti marred an area near City College this semester when a swastika graffiti was reported at the Regional Transit light rail station on the edge of campus on April 12. 

That swastika graffiti was promptly removed that same morning, according to Debbie Turner, interim director of administrative services. 

At the time, campus administrators issued a statement about the incident. “We unequivocally condemn the use of this symbol of hate and reaffirm our unwavering commitment that hate has no home at Sacramento City College,” stated President Albert Garcia, interim Vice President Of President Instructions Robin Ikegami, Vice President of Student Services David Brown, and interim Vice President of Administrative Services Mitch Campbell. 

Also in the April 12 statement, administrators said: “We are stronger together when we are united in our common pursuit of equity and justice for our college and community.” 

They asked anyone with information or when students see something questionable to contact Los Rios Police at (916) 558-2221 or a member of the City College administration.