Baseball coach’s life as ‘Sac City guy’

As a former City College student, Derek Sullivan, interim head coach of the Panthers’ baseball team, describes himself as a “Sac City guy”.

“I am very passionate about being a Sac City guy and in helping to develop the next group of Sac City guys,” says Sullivan.

Sullivan is coaching the Panthers’ baseball team while its full-time coach, Andy McKay, is in Colorado for the year working with the MLB’s Rockies. Sullivan played baseball for City College for three years, from 2000 to 2002, before transferring St. John’s University.

Before leaving City College, Sullivan says that McKay hoped he would come back to help coach the Panthers upon finishing his course work.

“Andy McKay mentioned that he would be interested in having me back to coach after I transferred, got my degree, and was done playing baseball,” says Sullivan.

Then in 2005 he returned to City College and has been assistant coach since 2005. This year when head coach, McKay took a year’s leave to work as the Mental Skills director for the Rockies, Sullivan became the interim coach for the Panthers.

“After my playing days were done, I realized that I still had a passion for the game of baseball,” says Sullivan. “I loved being around the game, working with players on their way up, and helping them get better.”
Thus penis enlargement treatment in Delhi is suggested only viagra pills from india for those females who got this trouble due to hormonal changes whether it is concerned with menstruation, menopause or pregnancy. It is now your browse around over here sildenafil 100mg price turn to bring back lost energy for proper functioning of the body regularly. All forms are internal mode of consumption cipla sildenafil and also the fastest mode of the production. This problem can also target young getting viagra in australia age women.
For Sullivan, being a coach at City College was about more than just coaching.

“I felt that coming back to Sac City, a program that had given me an incredible amount of knowledge and opportunity, was a perfect place to learn coaching.”

Sullivan added that the coaching staff has remained consistent and that his team is preparing for the spring season.

“This is a solid group of guys to be working with,” says Sullivan.

While Sullivan isn’t sure where he will stand upon McKay’s return, he is looking ahead to bigger and better things for the Panthers.

“We want to give ourselves the best chance to win the state championship that we can,” says Sullivan.