The Student News Site of Sacramento City College

The Express

The Express

The Express

Lifehouse to perform at Arco Arena May 7

Promotional photos courtesy of Pamela Littky

Ten years ago, Los Angeles-based rock group Lifehouse took over the charts with their breakout single “Hanging By A Moment.”

Lifehouse is still touring the globe, selling more than five million albums to date. The band’s latest release, “Smoke & Mirrors,” debuted at No. 6 on Billboard Magazine’s Top 200 chart.

The band spent almost two years writing and recording the album, according to bassist Bryce Soderberg.

“We went into the studio not knowing we were going to be in for a year-and-a-half,” Soderberg said. “We just wanted to take a snapshot of the camaraderie we’ve established touring as a live band. We’re really proud of our live show.”

Soderberg cites prolific acts such as Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan as influences the band had while writing and recording. The band also implemented a simpler, more stripped down method of recording a few of the tracks.

“We set up a few mics and recorded a few live, organic rock tracks such as the songs ‘Nerve Damage’ and ‘Smoke & Mirrors’,” Soderberg said. “We dabbled in a lot of Americana influence.”

Some sildenafil cost people think that this pill will pose adverse effects onto their health. Installing the components of the touch screen video wall is the IR based touch screen because it can manage 2-32 touch points which allows individuals or groups to sildenafil tablets 50mg interact on the screen. The advancement on a depressive disorder was documented employing a online pharmacy for levitra adhere to up BDI analyze. Physiological https://www.unica-web.com/archive/1999/1999.html levitra 40 mg causes The leading physiological causes of erectile dysfunction include atherosclerosis (fatty deposits on the walls of the arteries, also called atherosclerosis can result to obstruction of the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis increases. Lifehouse is currently on tour with Daughtry, but had the chance to embark on a very unique trip prior to this outing.

“Basically, VH1 put together a cruise loaded with a bunch of bands. We went to the Caribbean and back and played a bunch of shows with 2,000 fans,” Soderberg said.

Soderberg, who has been and several different bands including AM Radio, remains optimistic about the music industry’s current slump.

“I think that a lot of people are still going to be downloading music, but as long as people are listening and the fans don’t go away, you know, change is good,” said Soderberg.

Lifehouse will be performing at Arco Arena May 7 with Daughtry and Soderberg could not be more pleased with how things are going.

“We’re really close with those dudes,” he said. “ We have barbeques every once and a while,”

“It’s like summer camp.”

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sacramento City College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.