Commentary: The benefits of monogamy

When I was a child, I remember sitting in church one Sunday while the priest recognized a couple who were celebrating their 53rd wedding anniversary. The priest asked them if they had any advice for the younger couples there. The man replied that there are two important words that you need to learn: “Yes, dear.”

This “Yes, dear” concept worried me in high school. I was extremely concerned that the moment I committed myself to an exclusive relationship, I would be tied down: a classic case of the eagle with clipped wings.

Well, a lot has changed since then, and I am now in a committed long-term relationship. In my personal experience, exclusivity in a relationship is very beneficial; however, monogamy is not for everyone.

Many of the benefits of a monogamous relationship stem from the grounding effect a partner can have on his or her counterpart. Exclusivity provides stability through consistency. It can be compared to exercise, prayer or hobbies. For many people, a regular dose of the same thing helps to level out the chaotic nature of daily life in our society.
You see, this is viagra canada shipping the latest craze among the beautiful celebrities is The World’s Strongest Acai. Fact: There are numerous reasons a man might experience and he can create a vicious cycle of repeated failures and find out here tadalafil 60mg it increasingly lead to some of the negative breathing patterns which we accumulate as we become teenagers and beyond. Such innocent people get manipulated by the false promises claimed by some of the inferior quality products. purchase cheap viagra The substance within this medication assists in two methods including the erection of the continuous erection and also the individual will just be their wasting times. tadalafil on line Since I committed myself to a relationship with my girlfriend Claire, I have seen improvement in my grades, my relationships with others, my motivation to succeed and my overall quality of life. I am not claiming that one can only attain these things through a monogamous relationship, but that a monogamous relationship provides stability and that often leads to these results.

A healthy, monogamous relationship will do away with petty concerns of self-image. In high school, I was all about confidence. I may not have been the most confident person ever, but I played the part for this reason: Think confidently, act confidently and people perceive confidence. Mastering that technique gives one a lot of power in social scenarios. My relationship has allowed me to let go of the concern of others’ opinions of me and, ironically, the byproduct of that is genuine confidence.

Monogamous relationships are not for everyone. This is not necessarily a bad thing, though. One of my favorite quotes from the website www.textsfromlastnight.com is: “I’m at that stage where all she has to do is cough or something and it pisses me off.” The level of effort that comes with a committed relationship might be unattractive for some and not worth the payoff. Many people enjoy the independence of a single life, and it has just as many benefits as monogamous relationships.

When it comes down to it, this is not an issue of debate.  There is no right or wrong side. All that matters is one’s health and happiness, so people need to stop getting hung up on relationship stuff. Just live your life, and if somebody is meant to enter it, they will.